Bend It Like Bauer

I heard through the grape vine that poop is the new pink! Whenever I hear that saying (grape vine) I think of those creepy California Rasins that sang songs, and you would get the box of their rasin in your halloween bag (why people thought as children we loved rasiens is still a mysterty too me), I felt like I was eatting those little characters out of a box.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Bring it on!!

I have notcie that a lot of bands like to say they bring it out, that their style is unlike anyone elses. However they are always singing about how they bring it on, and you start to wonder what are they bring to the table?

My current example would be Morningwood "Nth Degree." I really truely do enjoy Morningwood, but I dislike that fact in the song they are spelling out their name in a catchy jingle.

What is the Nth Degree? I have asked myself, the D-Degree... which is the Danni Degree. I am not sure what that means.

Other groups like Swollen Members (yes that hip hop group that everyone loved from Canada, whom since to have disappeared) love to rap about bring it home. They must have went home... and forgot to re-surface. Which I think is a good thing at this point of time. Beastie Boys also loved to not let the beat mmmmddddddddrrrrrrooooooooooppppppp!

Or if you remember Kris Kross, "Warm it Kris!" "I am about too" "Warm it up Kris" "That's what I was born too do."

On to another topic. Why I am not writting movies, or at least placing songs in music. This weekend I watch two blockbuster hits, Jim Carey "Fun With Dick and Jane" and also "Mr and Mrs. Smith." No joke of a lie, I actually enjoyed this movies. The reasoning behind me writing that I should put music into movies is this:

1. In "Fun with Dick and Jane" there is a really funny scene with the song "Sandstorm" by Da Rude. I remember the rave scene, and i remember Darude setting the poser and the "true ravers" appart. "I like techo, I love that Sandstorm song" In the reality of this, I never really thought much of raver music, however I loved Sandstorm.

2. the next was a neigborhood party on "Mr and Mrs. Smith" where the song "Heart in Motion" by Amy Grant grace the scene. Now I will tell you coming from a mormon background, I use to love Amy Grant.....

DAMN IT.


Danni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter