Bend It Like Bauer

I heard through the grape vine that poop is the new pink! Whenever I hear that saying (grape vine) I think of those creepy California Rasins that sang songs, and you would get the box of their rasin in your halloween bag (why people thought as children we loved rasiens is still a mysterty too me), I felt like I was eatting those little characters out of a box.

Monday, June 19, 2006

I finally went out a bought Ryan Adams “Heartbreaker” I had a ton of him on my ipod, however whenever I went to try and hunt down this album I couldn’t find it anywhere, for some reason the one album that everyone (on amazon.com) rave about was no where to be found in Calgary, but here in Winnipeg they have a ton of them. My love for Ryan Adams is a new one, I thought he was an ass that probably could write anything good because he was too busy criticizing everyone else. I was wrong, and he can continue saying what he is about the current state of music (though I think that music is pretty damn good right now, and the people that are complaining are the ones that don’t have time to look for music they like).



The song the got my attention was “Come Pick Me Up,” and I heard this song on “Elizabethtown.” This movie sucked, there were points where I wanted to get up and walk out. Maybe it is because of my distaste for Kristen Dunst, or the fact I had huge expectation for the movie being a huge fan of Cameron Crowe. However the one thing I adore about this movie was the music in it. There is an amazing song by Washington Phillips called “What are they Doing In Heaven Today.”

I also bought the following:


A Day At The Fair “The Rocking Chair Years” I thought that I need a new pop punk band to like, and it worked out alright, as much as I say that I am over pop punk I have moments where I think I was never over it.

Action Action “An Army of Shapes Between Wars” I haven’t really listen to this album, however I own the first album and for a month I adored it, now I listen to it and wonder why? But I thought they might have gotten better. The sticker on the album was “For fans of Interpol, the faint and…” I love both those bands, and would never put action action in the same sentence. (wait.. I just did that didn’t i?) As funny as those stickers are without them I would have heard of Taking Back Sunday in the summer of 2002.

Joseph Arthur “Our Shadows Will Remain” I haven’t bought a cd by this guy since the one with “In the Sun” in 2000, but I have always thought highly of his work. I thought I would see what this album brought to the table. There is something about a couple tracks that I don’t like, but like at the same time. It is the track with the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra; and I tend to love Orchestras.

I also got myself the first season of Laguna Beach, I still don’t know why, but at the same time I know why…

I had a really hard time getting to sleep last night, my brain was on overdrive. At 12 I got up and wrote an email and then smoked a cigarette, that took me too 1245, then I started a movie called “Rory O’ Shea Was Here.” I find that I pick movie based solely on there covers, so when I found out this movie was about two guys that are in wheelchairs and how they became friends I wanted to turn it off. I got sucked in, and couldn’t stop watching it. If you get a chance check it out.

Tonight is the last Stanley Cup game against Carolina; I am most likely going to be sitting in the basement of a friend’s house that looks as though it is a frat house watching the game. Even though not apart of me cares if Edmonton wins or loses, because I am a Calgary if I have to like hockey. I heard that Calgary is decked out in Edmonton flags now, which I had a good laugh about. At some point the two cities were ready to kill each other and now the Flames fans are supporting Edmonton. Now I loved when hockey playoffs because 17 Avenue turns into this little Mardi Gras, not that I have been but I imagine it looking somewhat similar but one hundred times bigger. Basically you would have 25% of people that actually followed the Flames, and then another 75% that jump on the band wagon because who doesn’t want to get wasted in a huge crowd downtown, and light off fireworks in the city? I know I do. It is also really funny when you see someone that went to high school with and is Mormon on www.flamesgirls.com, smoking a cigarette ad flashing a camera, and making to the paper for it.



Anyways I think I am done now.

Peace
Danni

Devil’s Broom by Joseph Arthur.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter