Bend It Like Bauer

I heard through the grape vine that poop is the new pink! Whenever I hear that saying (grape vine) I think of those creepy California Rasins that sang songs, and you would get the box of their rasin in your halloween bag (why people thought as children we loved rasiens is still a mysterty too me), I felt like I was eatting those little characters out of a box.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006


I got this email today, please write an email (doesnt matter if you are not from Bragg Creek or even live in Calgary or Canada) to the addresses listed

Hi Everyone,
This is an important email. I grew up in Bragg Creek, it is where my family lives now. Spray Lake Sawmills is planning to clearcut 50 000 trees every year for the next 20 years in K-country. This will have devestating environmental effects on Bragg Creek and for Calgary. There has only been one week notice, so we only have until June 23rd to write and protest this decision!!!!!

Please! Write a short email using any or all of the following points:
-do not clear cut Bragg Creek
-there has been no public consultation on this matter
-concerns over damage to watershed
-calgary's drinking water will be effected
-damage to wildlife
-eliminating outdoor recreation
-we need a wildland park to protect for future generations
-no further industry in this area!
-outrageous!!!!

Please send your written protest to the following addresses:
Premier@gov.ab.ca
Livingstone.Macleod@assembly.ab.ca
bonnyville.coldlake@assembly.ab.ca
fortmcmurray.woodbuffalo@assembly.ab.ca
Calgary.northwest@assembly.ab.ca
foothills.rockyview@assembly.ab.ca
Edmonton.HighlandsNorwood@assembly.ab.ca
Edmonton.Riverview@assembly.ab.ca
calgary.mountainview@assembly.ab.ca
mwilliams@rockyview.ca

This sawmills company needs to respond to commnuity imput for their plans and their provincial overseers must see that that this imput is observed. We need to tell them that we value our ecosystem and that we do not support their decision to clearcut West Bragg Creek.

Thankyou for your help. Please send this email to your friends and family, or anyone who may be interested in voicing their opinion. We must act now. (Sorry if I sound like a treehugger, but this is very important to me!) Thanks,



My email:I have just received an email from a close friends regarding the fact that Spray Lake Sawmills is planning to clear-cut 50 000 trees every year for the next 20 years in K-country. Last year I would not have done anything in about this email I received, however in the last year I have received a numerous amount of information about the future with globe warming. I find it hard to believe that in Canada that we don’t have the knowledge to realize that the damage of clear cutting 50 000 trees in the next 20 years won’t have any effect on the current state of our planet. In order to save the planet we must take care of it, I know that until a year ago I thought “what does it matter I will be dead but the time globe warming has taken a serious toll on our earth.” This is where we live, it is the only place we have, so why don’t we take care of it so our children and their children and so have a chance to enjoy the beauty that this planet has to offer.



I lived in Redwood Meadows for six years and enjoy the surroundings and Bragg Creek as well. I think you all need to give your heads a shake and stop thing about money, and maybe think of the future of your children and everyone else on the planet. I know that it might make no senses to you people how 50,000 trees in K-Country over the next 20 years will affect the future of planet earth, but there is a lot more clear cutting going on here and it will in the end destroy this planet.



We see the movies that involve the end of the world, aliens, a comet, war, but ultimately it is pollution and taking natural resources out of the earth in order to make a buck. In the end it is all really sad.



Thank you for reading and leave those trees alone what did they ever do to you? Did they pick on you when you were younger, steal your money? Maybe took your lunch? Probably not, they are doing a lot more then any of us are.



Danni Bauer

Winnipeg, Manitoba

Calgary, Alberta





PS I am not a hippy or treehugger, I don’t go to rallies or in environmental clubs, I am 23 years old and care about the future of quality of life. Plus the Polar Bears need some help here. They are swimming around up too 60 km and can not find a glacier to get on and so they drown. This is because of Globe Warming. Read a book once in awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter