Bend It Like Bauer

I heard through the grape vine that poop is the new pink! Whenever I hear that saying (grape vine) I think of those creepy California Rasins that sang songs, and you would get the box of their rasin in your halloween bag (why people thought as children we loved rasiens is still a mysterty too me), I felt like I was eatting those little characters out of a box.

Friday, June 16, 2006



I have been reading Ultra Girls blog for about a month. She is the former editor for Spin Magazine, I had taken a liking to starting my day off reading her blog and drinking my Canadian brewed Tim Hortons. Yesterday I was reading her entry on “Permanent Me” and they were heavily influenced by Third Eye Blind. I have also read in interviews that Panic! At the Disco are also influenced by the band that seems to be mistaken as Rob Thomas’s Matchbox Twenty.

I have to say that Third Eye Blind first album was in my cd case with NOFX, Nirvana, Blink 182. It seem to be a good point out to my friends, “You like Third Eye Blind… where is your Backstreet Boys” (I never put my Backstreet Boys album in my case, I would have no friends.) This album was probably my favorite out of all my cds. I never went out to buy the cd, in fact I got it through the mail. BMG (which I still owe money too), in fact I think that it was in a package with Nine Inch Nails “Downward Sprail.” I sat in my room with the wrapper on it for months, then I heard “How’s It Gonna Be” I thought I would see what the album had to offer me. I sat outside one night with my headphones on smoking cigarettes and listen to it. It stayed in my cd play for months, I loved it.

I cant remember how many albums that sold but it was in the millions, and then the release of “Blue” it went down. 2003, they released “Out of Vein” 250,000 copies of this album sold. I was surprised, because I think I liked that album the most.

If you (who ever the hell reads this) wants to dip into to some Third Eye Blind I will give you ten song that are a must.

1. Motorcycle Drive By
2. Blinded
3. God Of Wine
4. Anything
5. Wounded
6. London
7. Faster
8. Palm Reader
9. Losing a Whole Year
10. Graduate

Now I will wait for these guys to put out a new album.

Danni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter