Bend It Like Bauer

I heard through the grape vine that poop is the new pink! Whenever I hear that saying (grape vine) I think of those creepy California Rasins that sang songs, and you would get the box of their rasin in your halloween bag (why people thought as children we loved rasiens is still a mysterty too me), I felt like I was eatting those little characters out of a box.

Friday, June 09, 2006

I heart the Dixie Chicks... wait what? Alright throughout high school and till I was about twenty if I was asked the following question "What kind of music do you like?" my smart ass response would be the following "Everything, but country." As a music guru, this was stupid response, it took a bit but with the guidance of my best friend I was shown that country is pretty rad. I will say that when i was in grade school I owned a lot of Garth Brooks tapes, the popular girls all liked him so I thought I would jump on the train of coolest, over time I thought I dont really like this and drop the tapes off at Tramps and traded them for albums Hole "Live Through This" Nirvana "Nevermind" and Smashing Pumpkins "Simease Dreams," to some these albums looked much cooler in my collection. I was driving in the car with a friend and she was listen to Garth Brooks, and that day I remember that I enjoyed that stuff. There is nothing wrong with a little country, a little hee haw in that step. It is typically to be like "I love everything...except country" once you get down to it, it is actually pretty good shit.

Now, to the Dixie Chicks, that have this one song that I got hooked into, via mix cd that I got for my birthday, called "Cowboy Take Me Away" I love it. I think as song (not just a country song) but a song it is well written.

Other things I came across yesterday, through my trip on itunes and amazon.com. Mason Jennings, who has a song intitled "Keepin' It Real" anyone that can write a song about keepin it real is awesome in my books. KT Tursal, I think that is how it is spelt, is another folky musican that I have been dipping my ears into, and then there is the Hush Sound, Pete Wentz of Fallout Boy held the Hush Sounds new album over his shame, to create hype, and well it work on me, because I was curiuos about the group. I also downed the new Head Automatica, which I am still unsure of. Amy Millian of Stars, has a country-type album that is amazing, and The Racouters (I cant spelt, Jack Whites side band) album is basically amazing, the song "Together" is reasoning enough to buy the album.

Now on to my gay day. I had a stadium tour of 140 grade 8 students. We spilt them in half, so 70 students. Grade 8 students, let me tell you about myself in grade, I was a shit. I was kicked out my school three different times, and I thought I was the shit. So talking in front of these kids scared the shit out of me. At least with grade 11 or 12, they are a little bit more mature and laugh at your stupid jokes. These kids looked at me, like "who the fuck are you" basically smart asses. Pretty much what I was getting what I gave 10 years ago.

Tomorrow night is Bright Eyes which I am both bummed and stoked for. I will be drink Jag, and rum, so I am going to be kicked somewhere you dont want to go, plus it is one of my favorite friends 23rd birthday. Yeah Ya!

Keep It Real!

DANNI

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter