Bend It Like Bauer

I heard through the grape vine that poop is the new pink! Whenever I hear that saying (grape vine) I think of those creepy California Rasins that sang songs, and you would get the box of their rasin in your halloween bag (why people thought as children we loved rasiens is still a mysterty too me), I felt like I was eatting those little characters out of a box.

Thursday, July 06, 2006




Even though I walked into to the convention center Tuesday night disappointed, I still enjoyed the set that Dashboard Confessional gave to Winnipeg. Late Tuesday afternoon I received a phone call while driving into Winnipeg to see the show, which the main reason I shelled out 40 dollars to go, cancelled. Max Beamis of Say Anything was sick, now this isn’t a surprise because Say Anything has become the Guns N Rose, then Axl Rose of the punk society. I was reading there message board, a fan from Toronto wrote that he is sick and tired of getting all pumped up to see Say Anything and then last minutes he is informed that the band has cancelled. Even though the group will promise to make it up to the fans, you have to wonder when a band that is so little will decided to hit up Winnipeg for a show again?

As for the convention center, I wonder every time I am standing in line at the Convention Center why I am there? (After 10 minutes of being in line we generally end up at Shannon’s Pub for some pints) The convention center is a place that they have dog shows, car shows, boat show, Oktoberfest or so on. The show is horrible. With a band like Dashboard the Burton Cumming would have been amazing, to hear 3 thousand people singing along, now that would have been worth my 40 dollars. However Dashboard gave me a reason to sing, and stop to listen to everyone else singing.

As for the celebration of the birth of Canada, well it was a retarded weekend. We arrived at 1 o clock Sunday morning, I told everyone that I would help with there tent and me and a few friends that didn’t need to set up tents, and went late night swimming. The friendly neighborhood police paid us a visit at 4 in the morning to tell us to turn it down, which was a shock to all.






I attempted wake boarding and fail, not realizing that you needed to stand up. Then we all went for birthday dinner at the Dunn’s (for Carleigh). For Sunday night I applied the buddy system from fear that someone might drown. At two in the morning I wounded up in Party Island with Joe and Hayley. We decided to be creeps and hide behind Party Island and people would think we had disappeared, or the Lake of the Woods Monsters ate us. Hayley thought it was a GREAT idea to toss her life jacket into the lake, however after 10 minutes the life jacket had disappeared into the bay. This led to Joe and I swimming around looking for a life jacket. I thought that someone finding the life jacket would cause a problem because most people think “empty life jacket… missing body,” his a couple pics. Peace out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter